Thursday, July 9, 2015

" Shrabon's rain "

It is not because I chose today to start my new blog that I named it 'Shrabon's rain' considering the fact that it is a rainy day today in Kolkata. Sometimes natural depression makes you depressed and today is such a day no doubt.

I don't remember now from when my love for writing started. From my childhood I was a very dreamy and imaginative child , a very shy and also a bit timid , unsocial also...it always took me days to get comfortable with someone and open up. My only refuge  , books. I loved reading. I could read all night,all day. With a book in my hand I could spend days without feeling lonely. And then there was my imaginative world...my world. I guess every child has her/his imaginative world and a shy child carries her world with her for a long time until it starts co-existing with her. In my world I always had things according to my wishes naturally...I was either an actress sometime,or a journalist,or a pilot or also a simple girl in love. That world was mine. Then as days passed by I started putting my thoughts,my realisations , my feelings, my experiences in pen and paper and kept them to myself. Later I realised it is only through my writings I can be myself, my real self...if you can follow them and understand them, you almost know me ! I realised I only had one medium to express and let out my anger , my frustrations , my depressions , my sadness, also my happiness... my writings.

Social media with all its negativity brims with lot of positivity too. I got friends whom I never knew and they became a part of my life. They have encouraged and inspired me in various ways for which I will consider myself blessed forever. I started writing small pieces of my thoughts and people loved them , they said they could relate to them , they said I told their stories...their feelings. These words are such an inspiration only the person who writes can understand. Through social media I am lucky to make friends whom I have not met in real. One such friend ,  who is very encouraging and always urges me to start a blog like many others, suggested this name. He said 'Shraboni's rain' which I changed into 'Shrabon's' as for some unknown reason I always liked the name SHRABON. I thought the name(shraboni's rain)  is really very apt...like rain in this blog will pour down my thoughts .

Social media for me is also another world,where I don't belong, I don't exist but I am a viewer from outside. It is like a cinema, you know....you see but from outside. I have known many people through their writings,their opinions,their comments who don't know me. I have experienced their joy , sadness , anxiety without being a part of their life. Today , one such lady...who is not in my friendlist but a very dynamic personality, a very creative and lively person succumbed to her illness and left this world really early living behind a very young and loving family. Her death makes me feel as if I have lost someone whom I knew for a long tome... though I never met her,have never seen her live...it is strange how death can attach complete strangers ! Another reason for me to start my blog today.

In my writings I will write about my thoughts , about people who touch me in their unique way in my daily life , about my experiences . Even my fictions will be on people who exist in real life. I hope my readers will enjoy  my journey with me. Welcome to my world ! 

5 comments:

  1. I have had the opportunity of reading some of ur posts on FB...

    Simple yet thought provoking...thats how i wld summarize ur style...and thats what i like most about it..

    Wish you all the very best...luk forward to some thought provoking,simple writings of urs...

    Kip penning...the pen talks and shares...the mind is but a prison😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the opportunity of reading some of ur posts on FB...

    Simple yet thought provoking...thats how i wld summarize ur style...and thats what i like most about it..

    Wish you all the very best...luk forward to some thought provoking,simple writings of urs...

    Kip penning...the pen talks and shares...the mind is but a prison😊

    ReplyDelete