Wednesday, November 18, 2015

That Morning.

Saturday , 14th November being a holiday made me stay in bed longer than usual. I got up late to the shocking news of Paris being attacked again in barely 10 months time. Another terrorist attack ?? Again innocent lives lost for no fault of theirs ?? I messaged a friend in France to know if she and her family were safe. She replied back telling her sister lives in Paris, her friend saw someone getting shot and they are all very scared. Till date she tells me how scared she and everybody is , how she cannot sleep properly at night , how she has nightmares , how they are given training at their workplaces to save themselves and others in case of another attack.

This is not the first terrorist attack. The century started with terrorist attack and it has been continuing, only the frequency is increasing every day. There has been war all around, pictures and news of war is disturbing, specially when innocent children are killed ruthlessly. There has been lots of talks , analysis , political views after this attack, as it happens after every attack but the bottomline is we are scared. It can be anyone of us tomorrow. I am scared as it is tough to apprehend the irrationality of these attacks. I am scared to see how a generation is growing up viewing hatred , violence , acts of revenge all around them. I am scared to realise how young minds are channelised to judge a sect of people on the basis of religion only. Scared how people are failing to understand the real meaning of religion and forgetting to think with their own minds. Scared to see some young faces , fresh and full of life, are responsible for all these massacres . When I look at these boys, I wonder did they know what they were upto and why ?? What a waste to young , precious lives !! Scary part is those invisible masterminds who are taking advantage of these young minds and we are rarely able to get hold of them.

When I look at my son I am afraid , afraid to see in which world he is growing up in.
Afraid to see the intensity of hatred and insecurity increasing everyday. Motherhood has made me vulnerable , I want him to grow up in a different world. I know after some years when he will leave home I will live on the edge every minute, waiting for his news , news of safety , of security and with each such unfortunate news my fear and insecurity will increase. As my friend said , " I don't understand this world " , so very true , with each and everyday we are failing to understand and anything that cannot be understood is scary !!



No comments:

Post a Comment